50 Things I Like In No Particular Order –
50. uni-ball pens with fine tips
I still love really nice pens, but I lack the snobbery to actually KNOW what pens are good or the details that make a good pen...I only know one when I write with one.
49. Lined, spiral bound notebooks
I also really like graphing books and lab journals.
48. Coffee in a French press
47. freshly baked croissants
46. orange juice in wine glasses
Fancy glasses make even water taste better!
45. intentionally pairing contrasting colored clothing
I may have grown out of this one.
44. Tights, nylons, pantyhose
43. quasi old fashioned high heels
chubby babies knees, feet, and elbows
Yeah know, I actually don't eat these very often. I am not addicted to sour dough pretzels, the real HARD kind. Crunch!
40. reading aloud
I don't do this often, but Jason read to me the other night and I luuurrv when he does.
39. Jason’s voice
38. Jason’s smile
37. Jason’s eyes
36. Jason’s broad shoulders
...redundant but YES!
35. Jason’s strong hands
34. Jason’s neck
This is getting personal...but yes.
33. Jason’s beard
This could have encompassed 39 - 33
31. reading in bed in the morning
YES YES YES!
30. the smell of simmering garlic
YES! And the tast of browned/roasted garlic, even better!
29. pushing buttons (literal buttons)
I haven't done this or even had the occassion to feel this old urge I often had - I love to push buttons! (not metaphorical ones)
28. walking to the bakery around the block and getting a pastry and a coffee
YES!!@!!@!@!@! And oh how I miss this easy, simple thing I can no longer do...nearest cafe is 20 mins drive.
27. riding my bike to work
If I could have a mtn bike or a hybrid, I could still do this, but I live further and on dirt roads
25. doing something special for someone every day
It's not every day anymore, but I still do special stuff for people in my life.
24. humming and singing while I do work
I was just caught singing in the bathroom and the teacher said, "I knew it had to be a happy person." On that particular day, I was so grumpy. I replied "Or maybe just likes singing." Debbie downer!
23. sweeping the floor
Um...REALLY? I do sweep, almost every night, not sure I enjoy it enough to be on this list.
22. my nephew sitting in my lap
He's 9 now, and luckily, I still get him to snuggle with me, but who knows for how much longer. :(
21. deciding what to add to a new batch of paper
I gave away my paper making supplies...
20. hugging my mom and dad
19. getting dressed up fancy
If only I had occassion to do this more, but in my new neck of the woods, dressing up means not wearing flannel...so my dressed fancy looks waaaaaaaaaaaaaay out of place.
18. hosting dinner and theme parties
YES! But ....see #19 and add to that I don't know enough people here yet (3 yrs...)
17. playing cribbage with my parents
16. playing rummy with Jason and or his sister
We've since moved on to Hand and Foot, but I love me some card playing.
15. playing board games with friends or family
YES! NEED MORE!!!
14. rosy cheeks and chilly air
13. crunching leaves underfoot
Yes. And the smell of them in Autumn.
12. the sound of breaking ice by stepping on it
Yes! And J taught Kai how to do this so she can eat it - adorable!
10. the sun through a high canopy of leaves
9. the smell of pine needles warmed in the sun
8. living in Boston without a car
While I was there yes, but living in the NEK without a car, definite no. with a car - YES!
7. the sound of Jason breathing as he is sleeping
Helps put me back to sleep every time.
6. when I’m at my parents, the sound of them breathing as they sleep
Horribly bittersweet mixture of comfort and sadness
5. finding new things to do where I live aka “exploring”
4. new cross stitch projects
Can I just FINISH ONE before being entranced by a new one?!
3. slow, relaxing mornings
2. hiking in the white mountains and suddenly stopping to hear the silence
Or now, in my back yard too.
1. eating popcorn made from kernels in a pan on the stove -I could, and almost do, eat it every night
Not every night, I'm no piggy here, but YES YES YES!!!